We went out on Saturday night. And by out I mean, we were still tucked in bed cuddling our pooches by 11pm. It wasn’t even intentional. Wine was consumed, dance moves were busted and people-watching was in full swing. I learnt a lot that night. Not just about how terribly desperate some people are to find a companion to go home with at the end of the night or how 19-year-old girls are apparently immune to feeling the cold (I mean wearing a midriff exposed crop and stockings as ‘pants’ seems totally legit for a 10-degree night). But I also became increasingly aware of how old I really am.
So just like that, it’s time for part 2 of
- The only FOMO you get is the fear of missing out on quality couch time doing sweet eff all
- You have two drinks and still wake up with a hangover the next day
- And that’s even despite that fact, you’re in bed asleep every night at the time you used to go out
- 90’s RnB is your jam! But because you actually grew up listening to it, not because you’ve heard it played on Throwback Thursday
- You get embarrassingly excited by how ‘life-changing’ your new vacuum cleaner is. (Literally me after discovering I never have to dust by hand again!)
- Spending 100’s of dollars on new kitchen appliances?! Yeah what of it?! But spending $100 on a new outfit?! Oh hell no!
- The reason you look forward to Sunday’s has nothing to do with Sunday Sessions and everything to do with it being ‘The Block – Room Reveal’ night
- The most exciting part of your weekend is not having to change out of your pj’s all day if you don’t want to
- You see your chiropractor more often than you see your friends
- All your money goes on groceries and bills – not outings and booze
- Going out for dinner on a Tuesday equates to ‘going out on a school night’
- You have no shame in leaving the house with no makeup, your hair unwashed and trackies on
- You dress for practicality and warmth, not farshun!
- Hangovers last for days now
- 2005 stills feels like a couple of years ago
- But then your realise the current population of 18-year-olds were born in the year 2000 (WTF?!)
- You get excited by a few days of sunshine in a row, because it means you can finally get all your washing done
- You’ve started attending baby showers and kids birthday parties *shudder*
I may only be 28 but being surround by 20 year old teeny boppers has a way of ageing you another 15 years. Have you ever had a time where it became blatantly obvious how ‘old’ you really are? Leave me a comment below.
Love Elo x
P.S. It was fun to observe at least though