Sugar-free Toasted Granola
Great for breakfast, as the ideal accompaniment to a smoothie or just as a snack, this scrumptious recipe is a favourite of mine. It really hits the spot when you feel like something a little sweeter to kick start your day or as an after dinner treat. It is completely fructose and refined sugar-free, vegan friendly and of course delicious, making it the perfect guilt-free staple to your pantry.
I like to bake up a big batch and store it in an air tight container. It should last 1-2 weeks like this… but that’s if you can refrain from eating it all up for that long. I usually can’t.
What you will need:
- 3 cups Coconut flakes
- 1½ cups rolled oats
- 1 Cup nuts of choice (I like to use almonds, macadamias, cashews and pecans)
- 1/4 cup pepitas
- 1Tbl chia seeds
- ½ Cup coconut oil (I use h2coco)
- 1/3 Cup rice malt syrup
- 1tsp vanilla essence
How to make it
- Preheat your oven to 120 degrees.
- Put all the dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Make sure to roughly chop the nuts first.
- Over a medium heat on the stove, melt the coconut oil, rice malt syrup and vanilla essence together.
- Let it cool slightly before mixing it through the dry ingredients.
- Spread the granola mix evenly on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes or until the granola is golden brown and toasted. Check on it regularly.
- Once toasted to your liking, remove from the oven and allow to cool before serving or storing in an air tight container.
I love making a big smoothie bowl and topping it with some of this granola along with some fresh fruit. it also tastes amazing accompanied by some almond milk and coconut yoghurt. You can even add it to your smoothie for a little extra crunch. Trust me, this recipe is so good that you can totally just eat it as a snack.
Try this recipe for yourself and let me know what you think. Don’t forget to share your photos on Instagram but tagging @oneactivelife and #oneactivelife so I can see your amazing creations.
Love Eloise x