So last week I posted this photo on instagram…
…and you all went a little bit crazy over it. Everyone wanted to try these babies for themselves. I had so many requests for the recipe and so, your wish is my command!
These zucchini and sweetcorn fritters are so simple to make, you don’t need to be a masterchef in the kitchen to be able to whip these together. Super quick, easy, cheap and delicious, they make a great dinner, lunch or even snack. Serve it along side a big green salad, some steamed veggies or just enjoy them on their own.
You can find the recipe below.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
For the Fritters (makes 8)
- 1 large zucchini
- 1/2 cob (1C) fresh sweetcorn
- 1 egg
- 1/4C gluten free flour
- 2Tbl chopped coriandar
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp chilli flakes
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1Tbl of olive oil
***You can make these vegan-friendly too! Just use an egg substitute in replacement of the egg. (I just can’t tell you how it tastes so please, let me know)
For the Salsa
- 1 avocado
- 1 cup of grape tomatoes
- 1Tbl fresh lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- fresh coriander to serve
HOW TO MAKE THEM
For the Fritters
- Using a cheese grater, grate the zucchini. Squeeze out and discard of any water from the zucchini. Then pat it dry with paper towel. You want to get rid of as much moisture as possible. Put the zucchini into a bowl.
- Cut the sweet corn from the cob and add to the bowl.
- Add all of the remaining fritter ingredients (excluding the oil) to the bowl and mix well.
- Heat the olive oil in fry pan over a medium heat.
- Once the pan is hot, drop spoonfuls of the fritter mixture into the pan, flattening it down to resemble a pancake.
- Pan fry the fritters for approximately 3-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Serve the fritters with avocado salsa and enjoy.
For the Salsa
- Chop the tomatoes into halves or quarters and the avocado into cubes.
- Combine avocado, tomato, lime juice and salt and pepper together in a bowl.
- Serve salsa alongside the fritters and garnish with fresh coriander.
There you have it! Simple yet delicious zucchini and sweet corn fritters. Easy to make, good for you and tasty too. I hope you enjoy cooking (and eating) these healthy little creations as much as me.
Don’t forget to post your photos and tag @oneactivelife and #oneactivelife on Instagram. I’d love to see all of your creations.
Love Elo xx