Ever experienced a moment of pure inspiration? Felt a new dream or vision spur you down a fresh path? The excitement is intoxicating. The magic of the moment filling you with such a bombardment of creative thoughts that you can’t write them down fast enough?
When the epiphany hits, it’s impossible to keep it to your self. You naturally head straight for your loved ones to relay your brilliant plans and visions for the future. You may even try to tone it down a little, “Oh, you know, it’s just an idea. Something I’d like to do”, but inside your hoping they will stand up and scream, “this shit is BRILLIANT!”.
Except they don’t.
They just kind of look at you, with that polite awkward smile that says it all. “That sounds like an interesting idea” they respond. The conversation quickly moves on to something completely unrelated and your left feeling more deflated than a week old helium balloon. Ugh. Thanks for the enthusiasm.
Here is where you face a choice.
Do you absorb their negativity and let it influence your next move? Or do you shrug it off and use their, shall we say, ‘lack of support’ as motivation to make something truly fantastic of your dreams?
Eloise and I were surprised by some of the reactions we got when we told people of our plans for One Active Life. It was disappointing to find out where the support did not actually lie. But we haven’t let that stop us.
Only 5 months in and our humble blog is already bearing some very delicious fruit. We have has some AMAZING things happen in the past month that have proven to us we are heading the right direction. It absolutely shows that the only belief you need in your dreams is your own.
Here are our top tips for making your dream a reality:
- Write down your vision for the future so you can always refer back to it if you ever start to doubt yourself.
- Don’t let yourself be defined by what someone else thinks is achievable. Somebody else’s reaching distance should mean nothing to you if you know that you have longer arms.
- Make it visual. Create a vision board to help you literally see the direction your are heading in.
- Be specific when outlining goals and plans.
- Surround yourself with like minded, positive people.
- Absorb as much knowledge and information as you can put it to good use.
- Use setbacks as learning experiences. They are not a sign that your a failing, they are just part of the process.
- Say YES! Be open to new people and experiences. Accept the opportunities they present to you, personal or professional.
and this is where the magic happens……….
- Have absolute belief that you will succeed. Feel it with every fiber of your being. Even when you can’t see the way, know that the way will present itself. This is how your dreams become reality. This is how life changes.
Go forth and believe in yourself!
Love Jess x
Let us share your stories with our readers. If you have any stories of how you have succeeded despite a lack of support, we would love to know about them.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your stories.