This morning was the first time in a loooong time that I managed to wake up early and exercise. I’ve been a bit naughty lately, snoozing right through my 5am alarm and going back to sleep instead of getting up and working out.
But this morning I made it happen. I dragged myself out of bed and GOT. IT. DONE. Admittedly, I did sit on the end of my bed for a good 5-10 minutes having an internal battle with myself about whether to throw on my sneakers or roll back over into the comfort of my oh so cozy bed. The warm fluffy pillows certainly were the more tempting option, but boy am I glad I didn’t give in! I told myself ‘You will regret it! You’ll be so annoyed with yourself if you don’t workout’. And it was with this thought that I found myself some miracle energy, slipped on my Lorna Jane, laced up my runners and hit the pavement.
It was the best decision I’ve made… so far today.
While on my morning power walk, loving every single step, I realized just how much I enjoy morning exercise and remembered exactly why I used to wake up at 5am on a daily basis to do it, even when I didn’t (think) I wanted to.
Here are some reasons why I LOVE morning exercise!
1. It energizes me. No joke, even though I have to wake up 1-2 hours earlier than I would if I wasn’t to exercise, I actually have MORE energy throughout the day.
2. I get to see the sun rise.
3. It’s the most peaceful time of day. The earlier I get up and go, the quieter it is. I just love looking around to appreciate the beauty of nature.
4. I save money on coffee… Who needs coffee when you have exercise as a natural energy booster.
5. It burns fat. Cardio first thing in the morning is a great way to kick start the metabolism.
6. It’s my number 1 thinking time. My mind fills with overwhelming inspiration on my morning walks. Sometimes I have to take notes on my phone so I don’t forget all the genius things that pop into my head.
7. I am by no means a morning person, but I am becoming one. It puts me in the best mood. Yay for endorphins!
8. I am way more productive throughout the day when I kick start my day with a workout.
9. It means, if something comes up and I can’t make it to the gym after work, I don’t have to worry because I’ve already done some exercise.
10. It’s just the best damn way to start the day!!!
Seriously, I couldn’t be more of an advocate for morning exercise if I tried. I highly recommend it.