Were you one of those lucky people who had a holiday break over Christmas and New Year? Lucky you. We didn’t. Working in retail means you have to suck it up and power through the end of year retail chaos. The few days we do get off over this time feel like little slices of heaven. How lucky for you all who get 2 weeks of such joy.
We are well and truly in to January now and we are all in it together now – at work, missing those sleep-ins and long breakfasts. Don’t let that holiday feeling slip through your fingers. Here are 10 ways to prolong that relaxed holiday feeling:
- Set up a hammock in your yard and read a book in the sunshine.
- Light a candle with a tropical, beachy scent. Close your eyes and imagine you are in Thailand.
- Sleep-in and don’t feel bad about it.
- Think of your favourite meal from one of your holidays – find the recipe and recreate it.
- Rope a loved one in to giving you a massage.
- Explore a part of your city you have never seen before.
- Set up some candles in your bathroom, dim the lights, run a bath and enjoy your little spa sanctuary.
- Take yourself on trip to your local Little Italy or China Town and enjoy some different cultures.
- Spend a day at the beach.
- Plan a weekend away. Even if it’s miles down the track, it will give you something to look forward to while you count down to your next holiday.
Keep that holiday feeling lasting as long as you can. Don’t let work take over. There is no reason why any one of these ideas can’t become regular activities in your everyday life.
Do you have any of your own ideas to share? Post them in the reply box below.