I’m not really into ‘New Years Resolutions’ (you may have already cottoned on to this from my previous post), because as pattern and social norm suggests, none of us are particularly good at keeping them.
It’s not so much the idea of a resolution I am opposed to, it is more the terminology I don’t like. That’s why I have made myself a list of GOALS for 2014 instead. Some are small, some are big, some are going to be challenging and some are going to test me, but each and every one of them are equally important. And here they are:
Elo’s 2014 Goals:
- Be the fittest, healthiest and happiest version of me, by the end of 2014.
- Get active in some way, every single day (no excuses)
- Be able to run 10km without stopping (I want to be able to call myself a runner)
- Successfully quit sugar
- Become a qualified personal trainer by the end of 2014
- Drink more water (at least 2-3L a day)
- Be positive and express more gratitude – no negative thoughts allowed!
But above everything else, my goal and my focus for 2014 is LOVE.
In 2014 I am going to ‘do all things with love’. This will be my mantra. I am going to LOVE my body, LOVE my life, LOVE my friends, LOVE my world and LOVE who I am. I feel, with love, comes positivity and with positivity comes happiness.
Wish me luck!
Coming Up This Week
- Jess’s New Year Goals
- How We Get Active
- H2O is the Go